- Services and Products
- Find Services In Your Area
- About ITC
- Contact Us
- Auto Payment
REDI Loan Fund Program
The Rural Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) Loan Fund is a non-profit corporation offering financing for business, agri-business, infrastructure, and community development projects that benefit rural areas.
The ITC REDI Fund provides business and community project financing in partnership with commercial and other economic development lenders to leverage private investment and make a difference in the region it serves.
Established in 1996 and governed by its Board of Directors, ITC REDI assists projects that promote growth and contribute to job, business and wealth creation, as well as improve the infrastructure, community facilities/services, and economic base of rural areas.
ITC REDI makes loans to for-profit businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and local governments. Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Small and medium sized business and cooperatives engaged in manufacturing, retail, and service industries
- Producer owned business and cooperatives that add value to agriculture
- Be legal entities, sole proprietors, cooperatives, and/or units of government
- Invest a minimum of 10% equity in cash or assets of the project/business
- Provide assurance of willingness and ability to repay the loan and, provide adequate collateral
Financing cannot exceed 50% of a project’s total cost and must reasonably assist the project.
Additional conditions apply.
Areas of Assistance:
- Business and Industry: Loans support business growth and development and contribute to employment and business ownership opportunities. The loans benefit retail, service, tourism, manufacturing, and technology sectors.
- Value-Added Agriculture: To recognize agriculture’s impact on the region’s economic base, ITC REDI Loan Fund makes loans to support projects that add value to local agriculture production through innovation, improved services, further processing, or marketing. Loans are not made for traditional production agriculture.
- Loan applications are available from various financial institutions and ITC REDI
- Applicants must submit a completed application including supporting documents outlined in the application form
- Applicants must document either the willingness of other lenders to participate in a project at reasonable terms and conditions or denial of a commercial lender to fully finance a project
- Projects must demonstrate business development, job retention/creation or tangible benefit to the community/region
- A $100 application fee is due when the application is submitted
- Applications for funding are thoroughly analyzed
- A 1% loan origination/service fee will be deducted from proceeds of supported loans
- Assistance in completing application forms is available from the ITC REDI Loan Fund