- Services and Products
- Find Services In Your Area
- About ITC
- Contact Us
- Connect SD
Troubleshooting & FAQ
What problems can the Helpdesk help me with?
If you are an ITC Vroom Internet customer, our Helpdesk can assist you with the following problems on computers running Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista and Macintosh ONLY:
- Email problems
- Vroom High Speed internet connection problems
- Best Seat Video problems
The Helpdesk IS NOT equipped to help you install, configure, or troubleshoot any of the following items:
- Printers, Scanners, Fax machines, Speakers, Monitors, or any other internal or external PC Device
- Microsoft Xboxs, Sony Playstations, or other gaming devices
- A router, hub, or any other network device on your internal network
- DVD players, VCRs, Surround sound systems, or any other external TV device
- Your virus scanning or firewall software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, games, or any other programs on your computer
Remote Computer Assistance now available!
The ITC Helpdesk can connect you with GoldenShield, or you may call 1-866-264-7397 directly to receive remote computer assistance. There is an additional fee for this support, usually $48, it may run up to $87.69 for virus removal if GoldenShield can remote to the laptop/computer. You will need a credit card available, this support will not be itemized on your regular phone bill. If the repairs are successful you will be billed for the amount stated, if it cannot be repaired, there will be no charge!
Which jack on the back of the computer does the network cable plug into?
There will be a jack on the back or side of your laptop computer that you are able to plug in to. The jack should be labeled LAN or local area network.
Why am I having problems sending and receiving e-mail? Here are some common reasons.
One of the more recent email issues that has been identified is if you have multiple computers, smartphones, and/or a tablet all accessing your account to update email, your account can go into ‘pop lock’. This is to protect your email from being lost. The easiest way to repair this is to shutdown all extra computers and smartphones, wait 30 minutes and turn on the one device you wish to receive your email on, then turn the others back on, one at a time.
Some older Virus Scanning software will change the email settings on your PC:
- In Outlook Express, click Tools, then Accounts, then the Mail tab, then the Properties button, then the Servers tab.
- The Incoming server should be pop3.itctel.com; or imap.itctel.com if checking mail from mulitple devices. The Outgoing servers should be smtp.itctel.com.
- The Account Name (see Definitions section above) should be the first part of your email address ONLY. And if both of those items are correct, delete whatever is in the Password box and re-type in your password.
- Remember to hit the OK button, then the Close button, then close Outlook Express and re-open it after changing anything in these screens.
One of the most common email problems is when a large email gets stuck in your inbox and your PC can’t download it.
The easiest way to fix this problem is to access your account using ITC’s Web Mail!
- Open Internet Explorer (or Firefox…whichever you use to get on the Internet) In the box at the top that says “Address” beside it, type in www.itc-web.com & hit Enter.
- After the page loads, click the "Check email" link located at the top-right corner of the page. After the page loads, type your username & password into the appropriate boxes and click login.
- You are now logged in to Webmail!
- Here are some common operations:
- To open an email, just click on the subject or from field for that email.
- To delete an email, check the box beside the email you wish to delete, click Delete, and then click Purge Deleted to permanently delete the email. (This is the solution to the common problem mentioned above.)
- To get back to the main Webmail page from anywhere else, just click Inbox.